Our Services

Our range of services goes far beyond home design and planning:

A comprehensive breakdown of labour and material costs. Ideal for assessing overall affordability, raising finance and comparing builder quotes.
Ensure the necessary permissions are in place with your Local Water Undertaker should your design proposals involve building close to or over a Public Sewer.
A detailed suite of site, foundation, floor, drainage and roof plans, elevations, sectional details and in depth construction specification suitable for acquiring building regulation approval.
Ensure your proposals are qualify for permitted development (PD) by applying for a Certificate of Lawful Development for Existing/Proposed Use.
A short report accompanying and supporting a planning application that explaining how a proposed development is a suitable to the site and its setting.
Change of Use Class (e.g. from A3 restaurants and cafes to A1 Shops (without the need for planning permission) or C3 Dwellinghouses to C4 Houses in multiple occupation.

Remove, contest, appeal, discharge conditions attached to a Planning Consent.

An assessment of builders quotes that identifies the estimate that best meets the your needs and offers the best value for money.
Solutions in the sphere of water supply and conservation, rainwater harvesting, grey water reuse, external and building drainage, sustainable drainage solutions and renewable energy.
An official document that gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) by providing information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs, and, recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money. Required whenever a property is built sold or rented.
An assessment of the risk of flooding from all flooding mechanisms which identifies flood mitigation measures and provides advice on actions to be taken before and during a flood.
A written document that identifies opportunities and constraints applicable to a particular site, having regard to local, regional and national policy guidance.
All inclusive suite of planning compliant drawings including photographic survey, planning history search, existing and proposed floor plans, elevations, roof plans, site and block location plans.
Code for Sustainable Homes assessments, SAP assessments, Green Deal, Water Efficiency calculations, air tightness testing, daylight calculations etc.
You can appeal to the Planning Inspectorate against:

  • the refusal of planning permission or listed building/conservation area consent
  • any condition imposed on a permission/consent
  • failure to determine the application within eight weeks
  • the refusal of advertisement consent
Any or all of the following:

  • Drawings showing location of existing landscape features (trees, shrubs, planted areas, hedges etc.) including a tree survey
  • Location and retention of historic landscape features.
  • Sketch and detail design drawings and written specifications for hard landscape features
  • Sketch and detail design drawings and written specifications for soft landscape features
  • Where appropriate, visuals and photos to demonstrate the visual impact of a development.
  • Measures for the protection of trees and vegetation to be retained.
  • Planting plans & species lists
Detailed 2D or 3D topographic surveys, setting out and surveys for the purposes of Land Registry Plans, Boundary Disputes & Boundary Surveys.
Required should you want to alter or extend a listed building in a way that affects its character or appearance as a building of special architectural or historic interest.
An investigation into information held by the local authority pertaining to a specific property or parcel of land. Usually required as part of the conveyancing process. The following information could be obtained from LLC

  • Listed buildings
  • Conservation areas
  • Tree protection orders
  • Improvement or Renovation grants
  • Smoke control zones
  • Future developments
If you’re working on a wall that divides your property from your neighbour’s property, or building a new wall on or near the boundary you may need to give your neighbours a party wall notice.
Some proposals for developments are subject to a process whereby details are notified to the local planning authority and adjoining neighbours prior to the development taking place. Examples include:

  • Notification for Prior Approval of a Proposed Larger Home Extension
  • Notification for Prior Approval for a Proposed Change of Use of a building from Office Use (Class B1(a)) to a Dwellinghouse (Class C3)
  • Notification for Prior Approval of Proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a Dwellinghouse (Use Class C3), and for Associated Operational Development


Can’t find the service you’re looking for above? Don’t worry. Home Design Network would be happy to recommend one of our ‘Design Champions’. Whether it be a Structural Engineer or Builder, Civil Engineer or Project Manager, we’re confident in the ability of those we work with and endorse. Just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.